The cab services have made our lives so easy. Just book a cab online and it will come to pick you up in a jiffy and that too at your doorstep. Now, you don’t have to go in person to the taxi stand and bargain with the drivers with all the luggage on. The process now has become just so hassle free these days.
But, as the convenience is there, similarly some risk is also there. Be it a man or a woman there is always a little bit of risk of danger while travelling in the taxi. Though the technology now is very advanced, the location of the taxi can be easily tracked at the time of an emergency, but doing a little bit on your part is not at all harmful.
Here are a few points to keep in mind while travelling in the taxi.
1. Avoid taxis on the isolated roads.
2. Always be cautious while speaking out your destination address to the taxi driver as it can be overheard by the people around you.
3. Carefully identify the taxi and the number that you booked.
4. Do share the details of the driver and the taxi at least with one of your dear ones.
5. Don’t open your purse or other things while in the cab. As there are chances of you forgetting something while getting out.
6. Never take a nap in the taxi. Stay awake and have a look at the direction to check if it is the right way or not.
7. Keep the fare amount ready in hand. This helps in avoiding the chances of giving extra money at the moment of rush.
8. If the driver makes you feel uncomfortable, select another taxi.
9. Do not talk anything personal over the phone to anyone while you are in the taxi as you might leak out some information that would be a hint to the driver to harm you in any way.
10. Try avoiding any conversation with the driver as you might distract him while driving.
11. Be alert while in the sharing cab. Move out if you don’t feel comfortable.
12. Sharing a cab is a way to save a little money, but do not forget the fact there will be a stranger with you and don’t know his intentions.
13. If you don’t want to reveal your home address, get off the cab few meters before your destination.
14. Keep your keys handy while getting out of the cab and get into your house immediately. Do not walk home alone in the dark after leaving taxi.
15. If you felt any problem or suspicious with the taxi or the driver, do not fear of telling it to the police as you may help to protect other people.
Whether a person is a student, working or an elderly, he/she uses the taxi at some or the other point in life. And, as it is the best saying, “Prevention is better than cure”. Do take these preventive measures to reduce the risk on your part.